Tuesday 1 March 2011

Paper Research For Atrium Sculpture

Richard Sweeney


I really enjoyed the workshops with Richard and he really inspired me to try out different Ideas.  After the first workshop I started to look into his work and I was really surprised with the diversity of his work, and interested at how much you can achieve with just paper.






The use of lighting that Richard has used in these photographs really shows the creation well.  It makes all the folds stand out and creates a 3D feel.



The range of size in Richards work is extreme as shown 
in the building below and the hand held piece below that.



Very delicate piece!




Textile Research

I've searched textile design because some of the folds and overlays are really interesting and could work really well with paper.


Below the rich gold colours could look brilliant to represent 100 years.  
Gold for celebration!



Fabric overlaid gives a nice wave look, could work well with paper.



Really detailed textile design.  Difficult with paper!

Repeated Patterns


All of these patterns interested me because they could all be easily recreated with paper.
The black and white above reminds me of Bridget Riley's work!


Rock Formation

I really like the below image.  With paper you could recreate it.
with the cracks on the paper it would look interesting and look like it has history.





Colours work well together and all flows nicely!






No comments:

Post a Comment