Thursday 3 March 2011

Research For Poster

Research for Final Piece
For my final 3D piece for the GF Smith paper poster I searched what the word 100 meant and what came to my head (documented in sketchbook). Then I re-read the brief and saw the sentence 'Construct a poster celebrating 100 years of GF Smith Paper Company', I then saw the sentence 'What can you construct that celebrates the multitude of uses of paper.'  Whilst reading the brief over and over the word celebrate kept standing out to me and suddenly after weeks of not knowing what to do a few ideas came to mind. (It always helps to keep reading the brief).


Celebrating to me means:
  • Fireworks (explosions)
  • Presents / Gifts
  • Happiness
  • Birthdays (100 years of GF Smith Paper)
  • Bright colours
  • Partys
  • Balloons
  • Alcohol
And the list goes on ...
(my thumbnails are shown in my sketchbook)

Images found for celebration:









I also looked at jack in the boxes because i thought they were clever how they hold the surprise in and once they cant any longer then burst out with celebration.


(Ideas and Development shown in sketchbook)

No comments:

Post a Comment