Tuesday 1 March 2011

Final Sculpture for the Atrium

I firstly have to look at twisters for a final section of research. The reason being is that throughout the process of making my final sculpture, numerous of people have said it looks like a twister, or a tornado as some like to call it.  I've looked at a selection of images and have seen similarities.  Its strange how it looks very similar and is the same shape yet i based it on the overlapping of fish scales...




Evaluation
Throughout task one I have enjoyed playing/messing around with paper to see what different compositions i could make without even realising I was doing it.  After a few weeks of not thinking about it and just making something... I started to think how could I recreate something that is in nature and display it with paper?

After looking through research i had previously done, I realised i was most inspired by fish scales and the curves in them that overlap.  Once i'd done some initial tests and mini practices I came up with my final concept.  I wanted to take the scale inspiration and create different levels so it got smaller and smaller.  I had looked at different ways of attaching each piece together, without the sections sliding down (shown in sketchbook) and reached the conclusion that the pipe cleaner was the best option. 

Overall I am happy with task one's final sculpture, and I think its turned out well.

FINAL SCULPTURE







No comments:

Post a Comment